This guide details how you can integrate Yotpo Reviews, Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals, and Yotpo SMS & Email with your On-site Engagement platform to allow merchants to create truly personalized consumer experiences and fully benefit from both platforms.
Main use cases covered in this guide:
- Capture SMS subscribers (consent) and trigger a welcome flow in Yotpo SMS
- Trigger a Yotpo SMS & Email flow with an event from your platform
- Display Yotpo reviews, ratings, and visual UGC
- Use Reviews data to filter products
- Display customer data from loyalty to drive action (only x points away from next tier & benefit, etc.)
- Reward loyalty points for submitting forms / taking actions
Each of the use cases above requires that the customer has the applicable Yotpo product (SMS & Email, Reviews, Visual UGC, and Loyalty & Referrals) available to them and installed.
Have you registered your app yet?
Before you start building your app on top of Yotpo’s App Developer API, you first need to register it with us. If you haven’t done so yet, refer to the steps in our Welcome guide.
Capture SMS subscribers (consent) and trigger a welcome flow in Yotpo SMS
- First, you may want to check if the customer is already subscribed to SMS in Yotpo so you can display the subscriber capture element to only non-subscribed customers. To check if a customer is subscribed, simply call the Retrieve customers endpoint and check for the sms subscriber field. The response Attribute that indicates if the user is opt-in to sms is "accepts_sms_marketing": true/false (boolean).
- Next, create an SMS Subscriber (consent / opt-in) in Yotpo via API. If you are collecting additional customer information such as Email opt-in, customer name, customer age, and more, you should first create/update the customer in Yotpo and wait at least 60 seconds before creating the SMS subscriber for this information to be available in the SMS welcome flow. Note that creating a customer with SMS consent = true without using the Create subscriber endpoint mentioned above will result in the customer info being available in Yotpo but no welcome flow will fire.
Note: The opt-in source In the SMS subscribers list will show as “API”.
- Create a flow in Yotpo SMS & Email. See an example here.
- Set the trigger to be ‘New Subscriber Confirmation’
- Add a condition > if list is > SELECT LIST NAME
- Set up the SMS text you want to send
By creating additional lists in Yotpo SMS & Email and applying those lists IDs into the Create subscriber endpoint, you will be able to send various Welcome messages. The list ID can be found in the URL when entering the list in Yotpo.
Capturing SMS subscribers (consent) and triggering a welcome flow in Yotpo SMS & Email through the Yotpo Embedded Form (Yotpo built UI):
- Share this guide with our shared merchants to create and customize the Yotpo subscriber capture form as they like.
- The merchant will end with an HTML div with the form info. If your page is hosted in Shopify, see How to Create an Embedded Form. A method for websites that are not hosted on a Shopify page or are within an iframe or other solution is coming soon.
Trigger a Yotpo SMS & Email flow with an event from your platform
The Create or Update Custom Customer Event endpoint lets you send custom events that will trigger flows in Yotpo SMS & Email, if set up by the merchant.
Some examples of communications that can be sent include quiz/survey completed, cart abandonment, product page view, and more.
You can also include any metadata associated with the event to create personalized segments and campaigns. Additionally, you can include any relevant elements in the “event_properties” such as custom URLs, promotion codes, etc, to be used as shortcodes within the SMS.
After the custom event has been sent, you can follow the steps below to set up an SMS campaign:
- After you send the event, you can access it in the Yotpo SMS & Email admin in Flows & Automations > Custom Triggers.
- In order to use them in a flow, you’ll need to manually enable the toggle to Display as a trigger.
- You can view and edit any flows in the Flows section, located in the same Flows & Automations tab as the Custom Triggers.
- You must send all sample payloads in a Google doc to [email protected].
- After the integration is tested and approved, we will reveal the triggers to all merchants in the flows section of the admin (as opposed to in the custom triggers section).
- Please also provide us with a start install URL for the integration and a link to the integration help article so we can direct merchants who have not yet installed the integration to be able to do so.
- For more detailed information on how to leverage Yotpo SMS & Email flows, check out this guide.
On our roadmap for future development:
Coming soon, you'll be able to include any custom properties associated with the customer for creating personalized segments and campaigns. You will also be able to build conditional logic leveraging properties sent in event_properties.
If you promote or highlight products as part of your product offering, Yotpo can help drive clicks and improve performance by adding valuable social proof for that product, including the most powerful reviews, photos and videos - simply follow our Product Recommendations toolkit for step by step instructions and best practices.
If you filter products in product list pages, you can use Reviews data to filter products by the average star rating. Use the All products or Product data endpoints to pull the average star rating of the products.
Display loyalty data about customers to hyper-personalize their experience and drive action.
Retrieve Loyalty customer details to return customer loyalty records such as point balance, VIP Tier, referral link, and more, and include them in your segmentation and messages to the customers. Merchants can introduce new customers to their loyalty program and drive account creation, show existing loyalty members what their point balance is and how many points are missing to reach the next reward or VIP tier, and highlight referrals for their most engaged customers.
Merchants can also reward loyalty points for submitting forms or taking other actions with your platform. Simply instruct the merchant to set up a Custom Action Campaign in their Yotpo Loyalty account and give it a specific name you provide them with. From there, you'll be able to reward the customer using the Record a customer action endpoint with the custom action name and relevant customer’s email.
Note: The custom action campaign in the merchant’s admin needs to be set up with the exact same name as the API call you run.
Contact us at [email protected].
Updated 10 months ago