This guide details the main integration use cases for mobile app integrations.
Main use cases covered in this guide:
- Collect new product reviews directly in the mobile app
- Display product reviews and ratings across key placements within the mobile app
- Display shoppable galleries within the mobile app
- Offer customers the ability to earn, track and redeem points right within the app
- Allow customers to refer their friends and family to discover your brand and shop
- Collect subscribers in-app to expand your brand reach
Have you registered your app yet?
Before you start building your app on top of Yotpo’s App Market API, you first need to register it with us. If you haven’t done so yet, refer to the steps in our Welcome guide.
Collect new product reviews directly in the mobile app
Allow customers to submit reviews via the merchant’s Reviews Widget using our Create reviews endpoint. Make sure to send it without trusted vendor.
Assuming your mobile app is integrated with the merchant’s eCommerce platform, we will automatically send review requests via email for any order placed in the app. We trigger review requests based on when an order is marked as either fulfilled or delivered (the merchant can choose their preferred setting), and will send the review once an order has been marked as such.
Display product reviews and ratings across key placements within the mobile app
Using the Product Reviews endpoint, you can easily access all published product and site reviews to display in key placements to drive conversions, such as your PDPs. You can also use the product star rating endpoint to get the bottom line information needed.
Yotpo Visual UGC
Display shoppable galleries within the mobile app
Showcase user-generated content on your PDPs using the Product images endpoint.
Additionally, you can display custom albums at various touchpoints throughout the mobile app using the Photos by album endpoint.
Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals
Offer customers the ability to earn, track and redeem points right within the app
Leverage an omnichannel Loyalty program by replicating the web experience within the mobile app.
- Fetch customer details in order to properly display a user's point balance and Fetch VIP tiers to display the user’s tier status
- Display a customer’s rewards history using the same fetch customer details endpoint - you just need to fetch customer details with history
- Use Get active campaigns to display all the ways a user can earn points in the program
It is not possible to complete campaigns in the app, so we suggest you provide a link that takes the customer to the mobile web version of the rewards page where the customer can log in to complete the “clickable” actions.
- Get active redemption options to display the redemptions available to each user at checkout
- You will see all coupons the merchant has in their Yotpo account. Make sure to only use the eCommerce coupons (as opposed to any coupons they may have for their POS).
- Only our fixed and percentage discounts are compatible with mobile apps.
- We require your app to be compatible with the merchant’s eCommerce platform in order to be able to support the coupon logic.
- If your app does not send orders directly to the eCommerce platform, make sure to use the Create order endpoint so Yotpo can receive all orders placed in the mobile app to award points on them where relevant. If this is the case, we need to also receive refund information.
Allow customers to refer their friends and family to discover your brand and shop
Leverage the Send referral emails endpoint to allow customers to refer their friends from directly within the app.
Yotpo SMS & Email
Collect subscribers in-app to expand your brand reach
There are two ways you can achieve this:
- Use the Yotpo out-of-the-box embedded code as explained in this Help Center article.
Each form has its own unique code, so you will need the merchant to pass you their code so you can properly display the form.
- Add an SMS capture option that automatically adds a checkbox and legal language in the shipment tracking page if the customer is not already subscribed.
- This will require you to ask the merchant for the Yotpo SMS & Email list ID they would like to have the subscribers added to (this will be used in the Create subscriber endpoint).
- Check if the customer is already subscribed on the page (using the eCommmerce platform customer ID) - https://develop.yotpo.com/reference/retrieve-customers
- If the customer is not subscribed already, display the checkbox with the standard consent language in the screenshot in this article. The rest of the terms will be added by the merchant.
- When the customer provides a valid phone number, send their details first (name, etc.), wait 60 seconds, and then send the opt-in: Create / update customer details, Create opt-in
- Yotpo will send them a welcome message based on the standard Yotpo welcome flow (in the future, will allow to customize per opt-in source) and add them to the list of the merchant’s choice.
Updated about 1 month ago